Many people grind their teeth whilst they sleep, a well-known condition known as Bruxism. While it is isn’t life-threatening by any stretch, it is a cause for concern as it can lead to experiencing symptoms such as headaches, jaw pain, chipped teeth and a disturbed sleeping pattern. The misconception that teeth grinding only affects teeth is misleading as it affects more than just the mouth.
People that suffer from the condition are not aware of it, which poses more of a risk to your teeth without taking the necessary action to stop it. Thankfully, there are many options which help limit or stop teeth grinding at night.
The Five Dental Night Guards
Here are the top 5 dental nightguards that reduce teeth grinding.
- Dental Duty Professional Dental Guard – This Dental Duty mouthguard is top of the charts. The package comes with four mouth guards and is comfortable to wear. It will adjust and fit all mouth shapes and sizes and its fit ensures your gums aren’t irritated. It’s inexpensive for its quality and it has a soft bite. The response from users has been very positive and is very comfortable whilst sleeping, not to mention they’re produced as BPA free and FDA approved.
- Prodental Mouth Guard – The Prodental Mouth Guard is packed with 3 separate mouthguards, all customized to three sizes of the mouth. Like the Dental Duty, they are soft and do not irritate the mouth. Again, very affordable and can typically last for up to 12 months.
- Plackers Grind No More Protector – Plackers Grind has a disposable pack of 14 mouth guards. It is very comfortable and affordable and has adaptable alignment grooves to boost stability. All mouthguards are one-fit for all, soft and are designed to fit the upper and lower teeth.
- The Doctor’s Advanced Comfort Nightguard – Available in different sizes, the Doctors Advanced Comfort Nightguard is fitted to the upper teeth to prevent grinding and the inner layer absorbs shocks and cushion the teeth. It absorbs and molds into your mouth and the front of the design is slightly slanted to ensure the guard doesn’t irritate your gums. The only concern with this night guard is that it may not treat for TMJ, unlike the others above and is only useful for lighter teeth grinding.
- DenTek Comfort-Fit Dental Guard Kit – Our final choice is the DenTek Comfort-Fit Dental Guard, a BPA free and silicone-free design that guarantees the comfort when wearing it. Lightweight and durable it will feel light in the mouth, limit noise and teeth grinding.
Do you suffer from teeth grinding? Read here to find out why.
If you suffer from headaches, jaw pain, sleep apnea or tension in your joints, a mouthguard will protect you from all these symptoms and deliver a comfortable night’s sleep. Excessive teeth-grinding can become a serious problem and if you suffer from it, it is time to use a mouthguard to help you sleep properly at the same time as preserving your healthy teeth.
Contact Kooringal Dental in Wagga Wagga today to find out more about the available mouthguard products or if you suffer from teeth grinding.