If you’ve been dreaming about a Hollywood smile to your teeth, dental veneers could be the cosmetic treatment you’ve been looking for. Before making an informed decision, it is important that you understand whether dental veneers are worth it to you. It is essential that you have all the information about dental veneers simply because veneers aren’t a fit-for-all cosmetic treatment.
Unlike other cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening which is a fit-for-all kind of treatment, veneers aren’t exactly like that. Whilst dental veneers are a good choice for whiter teeth, there are certain reasons why certain patients are more suited to veneers. Veneers are catered for patients who:
- Suffer from severe discolouration leading to a darker shade of the enamel
- A chipped or cracked tooth that damages your smile
- Large gaps appear within your teeth
- Misaligned and irregular shaped teeth
Dental veneers are a popular choice of treatment for minor dental concerns because the thin-shaped porcelain shell is placed at the front surface of the teeth which hides these niggling dental concerns to make way for a brighter smile. Whilst this doesn’t mean that the healthy patient cannot have veneer treatment, those with a poor smile are more than entitled to have dental veneers. However, the cost of it may outweigh the benefits if your teeth are already in a healthy condition.
What You Need To Know
If you’re a health patient yet are seeking dental veneer treatment to change your smile, here are some considerations:
- Veneers Are Delicate – Veneers are more prone to chipping and cracking compared to teeth whitening treatment. They also require more care compared to whitening your natural teeth. Therefore, you’d need to transform your habits to keep veneers in good condition.
- Natural Tooth Decay – Teeth can still decay when they’re under a veneer, leading to further treatment such as root canal or a crown. It can be easy to neglect your natural teeth with veneers.
- The Shade Doesn’t Change – If you neglect your natural teeth, the shade of them can naturally degrade. This is particularly concerning for patients who have single veneers because veneers do not change colour once they’re applied. This can lead to awkward differences in your smile.
- Replacing Loose Veneers – A veneer is not exactly permanent and is susceptible to deteriorate or decay. This leads to veneers falling off or becoming loose. This usually happens if there isn’t enough natural enamel to support the veneer in place.
Have you recently had dental veneers fitted? Click here to follow effective self-care tips
The euphoria of seeing your favourite celebrities and idols show off with picture-perfect white smiles can make others want to have the same. One thing to be aware of is those celebrities and idols who had dental veneer treatment are more than likely to have had an oral health condition such as a chipped tooth, discolouration or damaged enamel. Therefore, the choice of dental veneer treatment for a healthy smile should be dependent on the condition of your oral health. It is recommended you seek other forms of cosmetic treatment like teeth whitening to welcome a Hollywood smile if you have no dental concerns.
Kooringal Dental in Wagga Wagga is ready and willing to transform the look and feel of your smile with cosmetic treatment. Contact us now and book your appointment.